My 'Gimme Brow' has finally arrived woooo! I ordered it from QVC for £14, as it is not available in the UK until March. Although I think £14 is a bit pricey for a brow product, I couldn't resist buying it and trying it out as I have longed to find a product for my brows that I love! (And I also can't resist Benefit and their lovely packaging). It is described by Benefit as a 'brow-volumizing fibergel' which is basically a mascara for your eyebrows to keep them in place and lengthen and thicken any existing hair. (I got it in medium deep).
I have always been an eyebrow pencil lover, having over plucked in the past I knew that using a pencil would cover any bald patches I had but I was really eager to try a new and quicker product!
first impression: The tube was a lot smaller than I was expecting it to be, although I do think that it will last a long time as so little is needed. However, it is a good handbag size and Benefit have yet again succeeded with beautiful and quirky packaging!
My brow before (over plucked, quite fair and just not nice!)
My brow after application
Firstly I just want to say that photos do not do this product any justice! Application takes no longer than 5 seconds, first you brush it against the hairs and then back again in the direction you want!
- The hair literally just appears, as if by magic! It nearly doubled the length of my eyebrow hairs, well from what's there!
- It's natural looking, unlike pencils which sometimes I feel look too much.
- It has held my brows in place and lasted all day!
- It's good for those who don't have much hair there as it adheres to the skin to give the appearance of having hair there.
- It does cling on to every hair so you will have to be all neat and waxed/tweezed otherwise your brows wont have much shape!
- It is over priced for a brow product.
- If you like very full eyebrows, you will probably want to fill in some bits with a pencil/shadow still and add more defined shape.
Overall I am really pleased with this product, especially as it is the first of it's kind!
I would definitely recommend it :)
You can buy it here on QVC, other than that to purchase in the UK it's a bit of a wait!
Thanks for reading!
What are your favourite brow products?